A Detailed Case Study on How to Get Pregnant Fast
“Life begets life’, it’s a way to survive to an eternity. As a mortal being humans cannot live forever. Reproduction is a way to maintain propagation of species on this planet. According to the theory of natural selection, organisms capable of adapting themselves to the environment would have a survival advantage, whereas others have to vanish. Therefore fittest of all would have a survival edge over others.
Reproduction is a gift of almighty God, for He, Himself wants his children to persist forever. Through pregnancy parents actually see their own replica growing in front of them. To a woman getting pregnant and becoming a mother is an out of the world feeling. No words could define the love and care of motherhood. A mother showers her all love upon her baby.
20% females around the world are devoid of the pleasure of getting pregnant and motherhood. They are simply in infertile, and cause ranges from anatomical deformities to physiological variations. Many infertile female can render themselves fertile with some efforts, psychological and medical treatments.
Plan Your Pregnancy
Before you even get pregnant you have to plan your pregnancy. You should ask yourself several questions like; Are you ready to bear a child? Are you emotionally and financially stable? Is your partner is also ready for the child? These questions might seem out of the context but they can catch you head on. You have to face them some or the other day especially if you are a working couple living in a fast track metro city.
In rural areas your mother-in-law starts poking you to get pregnant from the very first day. Don’t give up to their demands. Have your own choice.
Think wisely before jumping on to the decision. Involve your partner for a friendly talk.
Stop Taking Contraceptives
Stop the contraceptives, you are using. This is the foremost requirement to get pregnant. Well, contraceptives are of various types and you must avoid using them.
- Condoms and diaphragms – these are the most common contraceptive methods used worldwide. Stop using them while having sex.
- Oral Contraceptive pills (OCP) – these are hormone (estrogen and progesterone) containing tablets used to avoid pregnancy. Avoid OCP intake and indulge yourself in unprotected sex with your partner.
- Uterine Implants – CuT, LNG-20, Cu380A are some of the intra uterine devices (IUDs) implanted in uterus, and does not allow conception. Visit your gynecologist and get it removed.
Know Your Fertility Status
Besides having unprotected sex, there much more your pregnancy relies on. And one of them is your fertility status. Fertility is your ability to conceive. According to an estimate every 1 in 8 couples is infertile worldwide. These are mere facts; just ease those tension lines on your Forehead. Before you conclude yourself infertile and visit an expensive infertility clinic, take a glance at how medical science defines infertility.
“Couples who are unable to produce a child even after rigorous 2 years of unprotected sexual contact are termed as infertile.”
So give yourself time before getting into vicious cycle of infertility clinics. Keep trying your best until you get pregnant. Most of the females get pregnant well within 2 years.
Being a female you should judge your fertility status and be aware of some of the danger signs, like-
- Any menstrual abnormalities
- Lower abdominal pain
- Foul smelling discharge from genital area
- Itching and burning sensation
- Pain during sexual activity
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
When anyone of the above signs is present hurried to your gynecologist and have a health checkup. These are the signs of potential infertility. Don’t ignore them at all.
Improve Your Fertility Status
There are a number of ways that are really helpful, when meticulously followed, in improving fertility. Follow them for getting quick results-
- Don’t take mental stress – It is believed that most of the infertility cases are due to persistent stress.
- Quit smoking – Smoking hampers blood supply to sexual organs and equally destructive to your baby if you are pregnant.
- Stop drinking – Intake of alcohol can render you infertile. It also causes nutrient deficiency.
- Take good food – Our body needs energy to perform work and for reproduction also. Tofu, chicken, eggs, and some seafood are high in omega-3 fatty acids, iron, selenium, are some the fertility improving foods.
- Do regular exercise – Exercise not only keeps you physically fit, but also prevents development of chronic diseases like diabetes and hypertension.
- Improve your partner’s health – You alone cannot produce children so your partner’s health is equally important. Encourage him to take good food and do proper exercise. Selenium is known to increase fertility in males.
- Regular health check-ups – Even if you are not pregnant, pay attention to your health and visit a qualified doctor for regular health check up. Doctor can give you valuable advice about sexual health. If you any signs of chronic illnesses like diabetes and hypertension, these can be detected early for better treatment.
Good reproductive health is an essential parameter of a country’s health status. By improving upon reproductive health a country can dramatically improve its standings over health charts.
When to Have SEX
Blindly following a sex routine can land you in conception problems. Female body has inbuilt mechanism to indicate timing of maximum fertility. So couple should be wise and just enough to have sex during this period of immense fertility. Chances of fertilization are maximum during this period. A female can simply calculate period of exalted fertility and she should allure her partner to have pleasurable sex.
Period of maximum fertility is not a heavenly stuff, nor it has something to do with the environmental factors. It is the time when ovulation occurs in female. Meeting of egg and sperm is inevitable at this time.
How to know time of ovulation
- There is slight rise in basal body temperature at the time of ovulation. Fertility is highest during the two to three days before your basal temperature rises
- Cervical mucus becomes thin and watery at the time of ovulation.
- There is another method to know time of maximum fertility based on your menstrual period. Subtract 18 from your shortest menstrual cycle and subtract 10 from your longest menstrual cycle, then the days falling between this range can give you an idea about the time of maximum fertility. Suppose your longest menstrual cycle is 32 days and shortest is 28 days then according to this rule, 28-18=10 and 32-10=22 gives maximum fertility period between 10th and 22nd day of menstrual cycle.
- Download a tracking app. If you find it difficult to keep a calendar of your cycle, make an app do it for you. Search “ovulation tracker” and find one that works for you.
- You can also purchase an ovulation predictor kit.
When you have figured out that you are fertile and know your maximum fertility period, then start having sex. Follow these tips for the good results.
- Start having 2-3 days before ovulation because ovum is viable for 24 hours while sperm retains its viability for 48-72 hours. Sperm must travel up to the fallopian tubes to fertilize the ovum. So start early.
- Do not use any type of spermicidal cream, gel and any other product as these products impair the mobility and quality of sperm.
- Orgasming after your partner ejaculates into you can help pull sperm into the cervix, which may facilitate the movement of your partner’s sperm.
- Don’t stand up quickly after sex. Stay lied down and rest for 15 minutes. This simple maneuver improves sperm motility by eliminating the effect of gravity.
Thoroughly enjoy your sexual moments with your partner. A passionate and pleasurable sexual act increases chances of getting pregnant manifolds.
How to Detect Your Pregnancy
Finally you left no stone unturned to get pregnant. Then you must be the first one to realize the good news. Here are some the telltale signs of pregnancy. However you must get a health checkup done regularly and a qualified doctor can only confirm your pregnancy.
- Nausea and vomiting – nausea and vomiting are particularly important during the initial months of pregnancy.
- Tingling sensation in the breast.
- Missed period.
- Implantation bleeding – bleeding mimics normal period. It is caused due to implantation of embryo in the uterus.
- Urine pregnancy detection kits – urine kits detects human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels in urine, as levels rise during pregnancy.
If you don’t get pregnant despite 2 years of unprotected sexual activity you must go for fertility check up. Fertility check up is a set of investigations in which your ability to bear a child is assessed. You and your partner should consult a good practitioner. As he can guide you, treat you and advice you to use assisted reproductive techniques (ART).
Problem may be within anyone of you. Hormonal and psychological problems form a big chunk of the infertility problem. A specialist can treat them with hormonal drugs and counseling respectively. There are many other underlying infertility problems, like-
- Infections of the reproductive organs
- Chromosomal anomalies
- Decreased sperm count in males
- Polycystic ovarian disease
- Uterine structural defects
- Fallopian tube blockage
All these are treatable causes of infertility. Simple treatment enables you to get pregnant and enrich your life with happiness.
Assisted Reproductive Techniques
Despite having tried hard for pregnancy if you are unable to conceive then assisted reproductive technologies come into play. Assisted reproductive techniques, popularly known as ARTs, are ray of hope for infertile couples. Medical science have certainly tried to address heart aching infertility issue through these techniques, but as you all be knowing very well, “with good also comes the evil”. There are many unacceptable issues regarding reproductive techniques, like-
- High cost and failure rates, poor people cannot afford them.
- Very few fertility clinics are available.
- Guidelines for use are still very vague.
- Some ethical issues like surrogacy need to be addressed empathically and carefully.
- Complications like congenital deformities in children born through reproductive techniques are common.
Before considering assisted reproductive techniques make sure that you are emotionally and financially capable. Gather information about the processes involved and their probable outcomes. Having done your pre-treatment workup, find a right therapist or fertility specialist and discuss your issues with him before arriving on a decision. You may need to find an appropriate donor in case you cannot provide eggs or your partner cannot provide sperms. In most of the cases donors are close relatives.
A range of Assisted reproductive techniques are available now-a-days; choose wisely a right one for you. Sometimes it is better to follow the suggestion of the specialist.
- NaPRO Technique – NaPRO attempts to correct individuals’ causes of infertility through improved, personalized fertility monitoring and targeted surgical intervention. In small trials, the process produced better results than in-vitro fertilization, and the procedures involved in NaPRO may be covered by many insurance plans.
- In-vitro fertilization – This the most talked about technique in this domain of medical science. In-vitro fertilization is an invasive technique. Eggs are taken from ovaries and allowed to meet sperms in the specially formed media. After fertilization ovum is implanted in the uterus for further development.
- Artificial insemination – If problem lies in your partner’s sperms then you can go for artificial insemination. Sperms are directly introduced in the uterus or fallopian tubes.
- Gamete intra-fallopian transfer (GIFT) – Ovum from a suitable donor is transferred to the woman who cannot produce eggs.
- Surrogacy – It is tried in females who can produce eggs but cannot provide suitable environment for the development of fetus due to some uterine or other complications.
Certainly there are many options to choose from but all these have there own pros and cons. There are many orphans waiting to be adopted by some lovely parents. So reach out and adopt one of them. Your little effort not only gives you the joy of parenthood and also incorporates love, good care and values to the life of a helpless child.
Tags: Case Study on How to Get Pregnant, Get Pregnant Fast Tips, How to Get Pregnant Fast., Tips to Get Pregnant Fast
Categorised in: Women Secrets